Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Should I Ask Him Out

It's 2011 right? I hear that all the time from guys who ask me to call them. Does 2011 give them an excuse to be lazy? Should you ask men out?

I have an issue with this. For starters if I ask a man out, how will I ever know if he was really interested in me to start with? I won't. It just doesn't feel right to me. I mean, I still remember how exciting it is to have a guy you really like actually ask you out. Wow, what a high that is.

Another thing, has the general make up of men changed all that much just because it is 2011? Don't they still have that hunter instinct, that thrill for the chase? Has that really disappeared? I mean isn't our job to entice them, lure them and have them ask us out? I think so. Call me old fashioned, call me hard headed, but hell would freeze over before I ask men out.

Let's say I am in a club somewhere. I see a man across the bar. It seems so much more appealing to me to have him approach me first. If I get up, walk across the bar, doesn't that make me look desperate, doesn't that show me in an unfavorable light? The light of the pursuer.

Sure if you ask men out they will find it flattering, but will it do anything to enhance his attraction towards you? I doubt it. You just took away his challenge. Even if he is shy, you can bet he is constantly thinking of ways to ask you out. Once he does, he gets a high, you get a high and we are all happy. Don't deprive him of the thrill of anticipation. Anticipating asking you out. When you say yes, he gets rewarded.

I think if you ask men out, you screw with the natural dynamics. Men love a feminine woman. It's what attracts them. If you are asking him out, well you are playing the masculine role. He also knows ahead of time that you are for sure interested in him. That may be all fine and well, but do you really want him to know where you stand so soon?

Men love mystery in a woman. If you ask men out and the mystery is gone. Mystery is a key ingredient for attracting a man. It's one of the things that if you will be patient, it can compel him to ask you out instead. Don't take away his mystery. Give him something to strive for. Your job is to bait, his is to reel in.

If you want a guy to ask you out, flirting is your best course of action. If you can learn to flirt and do it well, with your body language and what you say, you won't have to ask men out.

No comments:

Post a Comment