Tuesday, October 5, 2010

No Contact and I dream of Jeannie

Today I had the T.V. on in the background. It was the very first episode of "I dream of Jeannie". I know I am telling my age, but it was interesting how Jeannie handled her "master" aka Major Nelson.

If you don't know the background to this, Major Nelson was and Astronaut and his shuttle had some sort of issue and he found a bottle where he was stranded on a deserted Island and in it was a beautiful blond Jeannie. She went home with him and sort of moved in. She traveled around the house with via smoke. She slept in her bottle though, (no sex perhaps?).

Somehow she poofed him with her to her Country where he was in danger. He had just told Jeannie who thought they were getting married, that he wasn't marrying her. He begged to go back home. When he did, she turned her back on him, smiled a little wicked knowing smile and blinked him right back home, without her of course. So women apparently knew about the no contact rule as far back as the 60's and I bet they have always known about it. The virtual world might just make it more well known now. Interesting anyway.

He landed back at home screaming her name and thanks but she wasn't there. Uh oh! He panicked. She made him suffer a little longer. He became desperate, seems he just didn't know what he had until it was gone. I think that they did marry in the end after many an episode, but one things for sure, Major Nelson always treated Jeannie really really well, but then that is because of Jeannie and her wisdom afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment